Activating McAfee via mcafee.com/activate
As long as there are computers, whether connected to the Internet or not, there will always be a need for antivirus software like McAfee. Why? Because cybercriminals are developing advanced techniques to hack your computer and exploit your data.
There are gangs of mischievous youths seeking an adventure or pro cyber criminals trying to exploit big companies, small household computers to gain access to the confidential data.
Your computer is a host of your private data, bank details, company files and much more. And you don’t want your bank data to be landed on the hands of mischievous people. So, in order to protect your computer from such vulnerabilities, you need to install McAfee antivirus.
Antivirus tools are important software that helps prevent viruses, cyber attacks, malware and other types of computer threats.
What is McAfee and Why Should You Go for McAfee?
As discussed earlier, McAfee is a popular antivirus software that helps you protect your computer from all kinds of data threats.
Now you might be wondering why should I use McAfee antivirus over other antivirus software available in the market. The simple answer to this question is – high-end security.
Unlike other antivirus tools, McAfee provides total protection to your computer from all sorts of threats online or offline.
McAfee says – “McAfee provides cybersecurity solutions for both businesses and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away.”
Which McAfee Product is Best for Home Users?
McAfee® Total Protection is the best antivirus solution for home users. The tool provides your computer complete protection from viruses, privacy and identity protection features with 100% satisfaction guarantee.
McAfee Total Protection is available for Windows computers, Mac computers, smartphones, and tablets too.
McAfee has all the beneficial qualities you expect from an antivirus program. Some of the main features are-
- McAfee Total protection blocks malicious websites, Trojans, phishing schemes
- It also provides you with the in-browser reports about the threats it has blocked
- It lists the IP addresses which are connected to malware and doesn’t allow you to download even if you try to resume the download
- The user interface is quite friendly and has a straightforward setup process
- It has many additional security features to keep your entire system protected
- The anti-phishing tool and spam filters identify your emails to search for any dangerous files and messages
- Includes parental controls to avoid your kids from visiting inappropriate websites
Real-time scanning and automatic updates are some of the best features of this antivirus program. It is one of the rare antivirus software that has a personal firewall that controls your internet connection.
McAfee Products and Services
If you’re downloading McAfee online, there are different products that you can try for a trial basis. Following are the different McAfee products that are available online:
- McAfee® Total Protection: Premium antivirus, identity and privacy protection for your PCs, Macs, smartphones, and tablets—all in one subscription. See full features here.
- McAfee® LiveSafe™: ULTIMATE antivirus, identity and privacy protection for all your PCs, Macs, smartphones and tablets. See full features here.
- McAfee® Mobile Security for Android: The Ultimate Protection for Your Mobile Life. See full features here.
- McAfee® Mobile Security for iPhone and iPad: Your iPhone. Your data. Your privacy. Simply Safe. See full services here.
- McAfee® Virus Removal Service: Computer infected? We’ll fix it! See full services here.
- McAfee® Small Business Security: Comprehensive security for your business. See full services here.
- McAfee® WebAdvisor: Your personal safety advisor wherever you go online. See full services here.
- McAfee® TechMaster Concierge Services: Support for all your home devices. See full services here.
- McAfee® TechMaster PC Tune-up: We’ll help you get your PC running at the optimized performance. See full services here.
How to Purchase & Download Mcafee Products?
You can purchase McAfee antivirus products from the local store or you can directly download it online.
When you purchase the McAfee antivirus retail card from the local store, you get an installation CD pack along with the activation code. You need to visit to www.mcafee.com/activate website to redeem the activation key to successfully activate your McAfee antivirus.
You can also download the McAfee trial pack online so you can explore different features of McAfee.
To download the McAfee antivirus trial pack, you can visit the website https://www.mcafee.com.
Setting up McAfee is quite an easy process which is similar to installing any other antivirus software program. However, we have listed the most comfortable way to install and activate McAfee on your PC.
How to Install & Activate McAfee on Your Computer?
Before installing the McAfee antivirus product on your computer, make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
McAfee Requirements and Specifications
Following are the minimum requirements for successfully activating McAfee products on your computer.
1. Operating System: To successfully install and activate McAfee, you need to have:
- Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7 SP1 (32- and 64-bit)
- Mac OS X 10.12 or later
- Google Android smartphones and tablets 4.1 or higher
- Apple iOS 10 or later
2. Computer Hardware Requirements: Your computer should have:
- 2 GB RAM for Windows 7 and above
- 500 MB free drive space
- 1 GHz Processor
3. Browsers: McAfee scanning function supports the following types of browsers:
- Internet Explorer 10.0 or later
- Google Chrome
- Safari (Mac and iOS OS Only)
- Microsoft Edge
4. Anti-Spam Toolbar Requirements: To install Anti-Spam toolbar, you need:
- Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016
- Thunderbird 38.0+
5. Supported Email Programs for Anti-SPAM
- POP3—Outlook, Thunderbird
- MAPI (Microsoft Exchange Server)— Outlook
- WebMail— Any webmail account with IMAP/POP3 access. (Anti-Spam checks the email you receive through a browser)
Last but not least, you will need to have a high-speed Internet connection so that the McAfee can download the updates on a regular basis. Up-to-date McAfee antivirus offers better protection and security.
Installing McAfee on Your Computer
To properly install and activate McAfee on your PC, you have to make it ready and enter the credentials and download it. Here’s how-
- Visit mcafee.com/activate
- Select the “My Account” icon
- Now from the drop-down menu, select Sign In
- Enter your McAfee accounts email and password
- Hit the Sign-in button
- Go to the Subscriptions area
- Choose the McAfee antivirus subscribed by the users
- Hit the “Add device” button (to the front of the selected McAfee product)
- Add device page appears on the screen
- Select the Type of Device on which you want to install your subscribed McAfee product
- Once it’s done, hit the Download button (to the bottom of the page)
Once it downloaded successfully, follow the instructions given on screen to install McAfee antivirus product to the device
How to Activate McAfee Online?
Now that you’ve installed McAfee on your device, it’s time to activate the product. You cannot enjoy its services and features if you don’t activate this paid software.
Once you buy McAfee subscription, they provide you a 25 alphanumeric activation key which can be either in the confirmation email of the purchased product or in the form of retail cards.
Follow the steps mentioned below to activate it-
- Launch your web browser
- Now in the URL bar, and enter the address www.mcafee.com/activate enter the activation code that comes in the email of McAfee or a retail card
- An activation window comes up. Here, enter all the details required including McAfee accounts’ email address and the activation key (25 alphanumeric keys)
- Choose your Country and preferred Language
- Hit the Submit button
- Ensure that all the information you’ve entered is correct
Note: If the information entered is incorrect, click on the Edit icon and enter the correct information.
That’s not all! If you need any assistance while processing these steps, you can contact the McAfee Customer Support. They can help you to redeem and install your McAfee, diagnose, troubleshoot and repair installation problems.
If there is any major issue while performing the installation process, make sure you are using a proper internet connection and updated the compatible OS.
Important McAfee Activate Links
- McAfee Activate: www.mcafee.com/activate
- McAfee MAV Retailcard (Antivirus Plus): www.mcafee.com/mav/retailcard
- McAfee MLS Retailcard (Live Safe): www.mcafee.com/mls/retailcard
- McAfee MTP Retailcard (Total Protection): www.mcafee.com/mtp/retailcard
- McAfee MIS Retailcard (Internet Security): www.mcafee.com/mis/retailcard
What to do When McAfee Activation/Installation Fails?
McAfee installation may fail due to many reasons. Sometimes the problem can be as simple as the poor internet connection or sometimes it can be due to computer errors.
When the installation or activation of McAfee fails on your computer, there are a few things you can try.
- Check if your computer meets the minimum requirements and specifications
- Check if you’ve already installed one of the McAfee product on your computer
- Remove the older, outdated version of McAfee installed on your computer
- Make sure you’ve entered the correct activation code
- Make sure you’re downloading the McAfee antivirus from the official McAfee website
McAfee activate may also fail due to conflicting software tools already installed on your computer, check which software is conflicting with McAfee installation and remove it from your computer.
You can also contact McAfee’s official support center for any help. You get free support from McAfee if your antivirus product is covered.